Wednesday, August 15, 2018

State of the Master: A Blog Statement

Sometimes hard decisions need to be made. Sometimes what we think are hard decisions aren’t, we just don’t like them. Sometimes I get so backed up on projects and things to do I won’t admit that I need to back off – failure in a way.

Sometimes we can be our own worst enemies.

I’ve written on this before in my State of the Master Blog a few times. I usually don’t open my heart out online – but the reason I am doing so right now is I do know that my Blogs do have some followers – Especially Wrestlementary and RAW FLESH.

While 2018 has been a freaking great year, I haven’t done so great on my projects. Yeah, I’ve made great strides on getting back into my writing, but haven’t really finished much. I have defiantly been very lackluster on my Blogs.

Few and far between have been my Blog posts – even when I have claimed “This time” will be a ‘real’ return to blogging – I’ve not done it to any real degree.

Recently I’ve gotten somewhat back on track, but not enough.

So, long story short – I am announcing a change to my Blogs effective immediately:
The Burning Mind, This is a True Story, What I Watch I Review and Wrestlementary will be going monthly for the remainder of 2018, starting September. In December I will decide whether to keep the Blogs monthly, or try going back to the originally planned schedules.

Trying to do all these weekly – while writing other projects – is a little much at the moment. That is one big failing of mine – trying to do everything at one time.

So, my Blogging Schedule will be as follows:

This is a True Story – Monthly – The First Thursday of each month.

What I Watch I Review – Monthly – The Second Friday of each month.

The Burning Mind – Monthly – The Fourth Wednesday of each Month

However, I do plan on doing my weekly comic book reviews.

Wrestlementary – Monthly – This will be handled a little differently. For the remainder of this year I will focus on the Main Roster WWE, as I am behind on other promotions, and NXT.

The monthly format for Wrestlementary will be this: On the Thursday before each PPV I will post a monthly RAW and Smackdown Live piece discussing the happenings of the last month leading into the PPV. Friday I will preview the PPV with a breakdown of the Build to it, and the matches on the Card. Saturday I will post my official predictions.

The following Wednesday I will post my thoughts on the PPV and the Fallout.

I plan on being up-to-date on other wrestling shows I am behind on and discussing them again in the New Year.

Now, my final Blog: The serialized ‘Zombie’ story RAW FLESH.

This will NOT be effected by any changes. It will continue weekly as planned.

As I wrote above I am putting this out there because I do know people follow my Blogs, and I want to give them a heads up (this time).

Making this change is a bit of a hard decision, because I want to keep ALL them going weekly. A big part of me also wants to try and write and post every single planned blog posting I have missed. But this is the right decision right now.

This is also going to allow me to get other non-writing things down as well, and some personal and work related issues out of the way without putting the stress on myself to get these done and then not doing them.

This is part of what I have talked about in my State of the Master Blogs: making positive changes/moves in my life and stop being my own worst enemy.

Later,

Ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment